Blog Archive

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Antietam Lake, On the Superintendent Hiring, and What Is To Come.

Since it's been in the news, I will share my opinion on Antietam Lake.

I feel Antietam lake should be preserved as open space. Monies received should not be put in the city's general budget.

I would put them in an interest bearing account in which the principal could not be touched for 20 years; the interest from the monies would be used to fund police activites - for example, alloting resources to allow the use of police dogs on the force again.



An FYI:

I was contacted by the York City Times on Friday by a reporter asking me if a Carlos lopez was a candidate for School Superintendent. I explained I wasn't shown the resumes. I also confirmed the hiring of Tom Chapman. She was amused by how discreetly the process was handled.

My advice to other school boards looking to hire a new superintendent is to follow the process that the Wilson School Board used. In my opinion, it is probably the best method for determining the quality of your candidates.

And as I am interested in reporting all the truth and leaving no facts unspoken, I will when I return have the Wilson School Board hiring process online for you to see.

Also, when I return:

For a Better Reading: THE STAMM PLAN.

No comments: