Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

On the Wilson School Board Superintendent Election Method and a Short Note on the New Superintendent.

I spoke with the President of the Wilson School Board, and he told me that the Wilson Board was heavily involved in the election process - each member saw all the resumes and interviewed all candidates, and all the administrative support staff interviewed the candidates as well.

Compare that to the Reading School Board, where a committee was chosen by Board President Christian. They received 19 resumes for approval from the candidates, and we only ever interviewed 2.



I feel I should clarify some of my comments about Chapman. Upon the interviews and job resumes I had to look at, I had to vote against the new Superintendent-elect due to his lack of sufficient experience - he has never held the office of Superintendent before, unlike Stellar.

No comments: